May 16, 2017
5 Ways I Recharge
Hey loves! So today I'm going to share a few ways that I recharge when I'm feeling overwhelmed. If I'm being honest, it doesn't take much for me to get overwhelmed. If my mom is reading this I know she is saying, "She isn't lying about that" haha. But because I get overwhelmed very easily, I had to find ways to recharge myself.
Mother's Day weekend was a hectic one for me. Between graduations, birthdays and Mother's Day I had a lot of things on my to-do list. I was overwhelmed days before the weekend hit. So these are some of the tips I used to help me recover from that weekend.
1. Get some rest - This is one of the easiest things to do when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Take nap. Put your phone on Do Not Disturb for a little while and catch some Zs! Or you can go to bed earlier that night. If its a weekday and you can't afford a midday nap, go to bed an hour or two earlier than normal. If I have trouble falling asleep I will take some Melatonin 30 minutes before bedtime. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid that you can get at your local drug store. Research it before you try it though!
2. Have your favorite snack or dessert - I know we are all about looking good for the spring and summer months but sometimes you need something sweet as a pick me up. Portion size is very important, don't have too much. A nice little sweet snack always makes me feel better. I don't do this one as often as the others but it really does help I mostly do this one when I'm in the middle of a really busy moment.
3. Listen to relaxing and/or your favorite music - I have been listening to calming/my favorite music for as long as I can remember. Music really puts me in a better mood when I am overwhelmed or stressed out. I'll listen to some Neosoul music or whatever album/songs I'm feeling at the time. One album that is a go-to for me is MTV Unplugged No. 2.0 by Lauryn Hill. All of those songs really help calm me. So listen to whatever will have you feeling more like yourself after a busy season/moment.
4. Watch Youtube - This one might sound weird but I love to watch Youtube videos. I get on Youtube pretty much everyday. I'll watch a few videos before bed to relax my mind. Watching makeup videos or daily vlogs really give me some time to watch someone else and not focus on what is going on in my life. Youtube is definitely my TV. But if you're not into Youtube watch an episode of your favorite show or Netflix series.
5. Travel/Day trip - Most times I get super overwhelmed right before a trip. Things at work always seem to go haywire when its my last day before a trip. The phones ring off the hook, tasks and projects come in from left and right, its always a mess. So I most definitely enjoy my trip because its a way of getting away from all of that craziness. And I'm not saying go on an extravagant/expensive trip. If you live close enough to the beach (weather permitting) go spend a few hours there. Let the wind blow in your hair. Take a road trip to a neighboring city and explore it for the weekend. Anything that can get your mind off of the stress that's behind you and get you feeling recharged.
I hope these tips helped you! Also please share any tips you may have in the comment section. Until next time!
at May 16, 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Can y'all believe that its 2018!? Because I didn't properly welcome in 2018 on my Jamaica post I want to do...
Happy Holidays! I hope you all have been enjoying the holidays so far. I thought it would be perfect to post this picture of a Christmas ...
Hi my darlings! I recently posted my vlog from DR on my Youtube channel and I wanted to share it here as well. I am most definitely working ...
I really love this picture. (It's not mine btw) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. The holidays...